cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Setup integration with Active Directory and SmartFilter

Jump to solution

Hello folks,

does anynoe have already configured sidewinder 7 to autenticate users with an Active Directory domain and apply URL filtering policies with smartfilter? I am experiencing problems in doing so. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate very much.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: Setup integration with Active Directory and SmartFilter

Jump to solution

I replied to Juliano offline, but just to update the forum with the solution as well:

The MLC can support multiple domains, so when the Firewall gets user and group information we add the domain at the end to differentiate what users/groups exist on each domain. As a result the smartfilter policy needs to reflect the user groups with the full domain. When configuring the Smartfilter policy you need to add the @domain_name at the end of the groups and it should work.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am currently running that configuration. I set it up a long time  ago and may not be able to help much, but feel free to ask, I will certainly try to help.

flitcraft33

Dan S.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks Dan,

I followed everything described in KB 62804 https://mysupport.mcafee.com/Eservice/templatepage.aspx?sURL=3&pl=0

but it didn´t work. Is there some kind of trick not described in here?

Furthermore, when I check the users authenticated in the POLICY -> RULE ELEMENTS -> AUTHENTICATORS -> PASSPORT -> MANAGE PASSPORTS, I and see that, in the external group field, there is just a number zero, instead of the group member information.

Can you please help me with that?

Message was edited by: Juliano Freitas on 10/8/10 11:27:14 AM BRT
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I replied to Juliano offline, but just to update the forum with the solution as well:

The MLC can support multiple domains, so when the Firewall gets user and group information we add the domain at the end to differentiate what users/groups exist on each domain. As a result the smartfilter policy needs to reflect the user groups with the full domain. When configuring the Smartfilter policy you need to add the @domain_name at the end of the groups and it should work.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Dgold, Can you tell me where do you add the @domain_name in the Smartfilter policy configuration. I don't find that on Smartfilter administered from Admin Console.

Thnks!

JR

El mensaje fue editado por: gooru4speed on 27/11/13 18:08:51 ART
Highlighted
Level 13
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello,

If you are administering Smartfilter from the Firewall Admin Console, the configuration of groups is done in another location. You can add groups in multiple ways, but I would try from the rule itself. If you click on "Users and Groups" and then click the plus sign to add a new "External Group".

Hope this helps,

Matt

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community