cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface speeds - Bug in admin console?

The standard documentation is quite short on detail around this and I was hoping someone here could help me understand. I am currently playing around with a Sidewinder 8.3.2 Standalone Appliance.

Within the NICs tab under Network>Interfaces I can edit the media type of any NIC from the default 'autoselect' to anything from 1000baseT to 10baseT/UTP.

NIC_settings.JPG

This is reflected on the device itself when I go to command line and query the interfaces:

NIC_settings_CLI.jpg

However, when I check the 'Interface and NIC Status' screen I see the Active Speed is still set to 1000baseT full-duplex. This remains no matter what media type I set:

NIC_status.jpg

The NIC shown is currently in use by interface 'Router2' however this behavior appears to be the same for NICs not in use.

So which do I believe?

1. The NIC tab and device response telling me it is the new value I have picked OR
  2. The Status tab telling me the active speed is always 1000baseT full-duplex.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Frank

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.