Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lpp
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

How to find Firewall Enterprise appliance SKU from the GUI or the CLI

Hello,

Is there a way to get the appliance model number remotely, either from the Admin Console or from the shell in SSH?

Apparently no SKU information is available unless the physical labels are accessible on the appliances.

Best regards,

LPP

6 Replies
mtuma
Level 13
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to find Firewall Enterprise appliance SKU from the GUI or the CLI

Hello,

I was going to respond and say that there is no way to check this information, but then I remembered the "dmidecode" command. I checked on a S4016 appliance and it does tell me this in the output of "dmidecode". I cannot guarantee that it will show the model for all appliances, but you could try.

Otherwise, if you provide support with the hardware serial number/service tag, we can look it up in our system.

-Matt

lpp
Level 9
Message 3 of 7

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

You are right, as I can get the model number on my S6032 through the dmidecode command. Unfortunately non sensible information is returned on my lab appliance (I can't remember it it is a 1100, 2100E or similar, and I don't have physical access at the moment).

If you are so kind to get the model number from your inventory, it would be useful. The serial number is SWP6-S2WN-3FR4-KZ52.

Thanks again for your interest in this matter.

Best regards,

LPP

mtuma
Level 13
Message 4 of 7

Hello,

I am having trouble finding that serial number (which is actually a software serial number). Do you happen to have a hardware serial number or service tag? It will probably be 7 characters alphanumeric. This should be available in the output of dmidecode (see KB73037).

-Matt

lpp
Level 9
Message 5 of 7

I am sorry and I apologise, I provided the serial number available from the license tab of the Admin Console.

The serial number obtained from the dmidecode ouptut is: GT829K1.

Thank you very much for your attention on this matter.

Best regards,

LPP

mtuma
Level 13
Message 6 of 7

GT829K1 shows that it is one of these models:

2100D/2150D/2100E/2150E

I am still having issues finding it in our database, do you know if this appliance still has support?

-Matt

lpp
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Actually this appliance is temporarily provided by McAfee Italy pre-sales, since we are in the process of issuing an additional purchase order which will also cover a couple of similar small models for our lab in order to replace this one.

It has been brought by McAfee representatives ath the end of last year, and the subscription is covered until 1 january 2013.

Best regards,

LPP

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center