cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hardware Support

I have been trying to ascertain the level of support available on new enterprise firewalls.

I am currently using McAfee 510E appliances from Dell with 4hr on site support.

The replacement for these units is the S3008

From what I can read McAfee have discontinued same day support on all new enterprise firewall hardware in all of Europe .

I have been using the product for 10+ years and have always had 4hr on site hardware support.

Can anyone tell me why a decision has been made to only offer NBD support in Europe.

This would leave companies without harware support for a number of days over a weekend or over a holiday period.

This would be a retrograde step considering 4hr hardware support had always been offered from Secure Computing days and throught the early days of McAFee ownership.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hardware Support

Thank you for posting your question to the forum. At this time we do not offer same-day hardware support on the new S-Model hardware in EMEA. In EMEA we currently offer Next-Business Day On-site as well as Advanced RMA (where we ship you a new appliance, then you ship the defective unit back). With the transition to our new appliance line we have a new service provider and are working through additional service offerings that we can sell in the future. Thank you for your feedback, I will pass it along to our hardware team as a valuable data point for offerings we should consider in the future. I understand that it is frustrating. If you would like to set up a call to have a personal conversation with the McAfee team, please feel free to reach out to me or your sales rep and we can set something up.

Regards,

Dave

Highlighted

Re: Hardware Support

Thank you dgold for your reply.

As you rightly say this is very frustrating.

I think that only offering NBD on McAfee new hardware is a serious miscalculation of what the market demands especially as it has always been an option in the past.

All other major firewall vendors offer 24*7*4 hardware support.

I believe it would have been better to stay with the hardware vendor where 24*7*4 hardware support was available.

NBD could leave an organistaion without an appliance for 4+ days over a holiday period.

As I stated I have been a customer of the firewall product for 10+ years.

Rgds

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community