Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 26

Re: Approved VPN Clients

I have the 2.1.4 version. Do you think is good idea downgrade to 2.1.3?

Highlighted
Level 14
Message 12 of 26

No, that's good.  2.14 should work.  2.15 does not work with certificates.

You'll have to troubleshoot the ShrewSoft side, look at the ShrewSoft logs.  There is nothing you can do on the Sidewinder to make the ShrewSoft client reply to you.  You're already asking it for information and it's not responding.  I don't really have an idea what to look for, unfortunately.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 13 of 26

Thanks,

I will install the version 2.1.4 in another machine, since i have another vpn client (checkpoint) to another network, and HIPS.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 14 of 26

Just for Info:

My remote certificate was wrong, already all is working fine, also i try with version of Shrew Soft  2.1.6 Beta 10 and is working too.

Bernardo.

Highlighted
Level 14
Message 15 of 26

Thanks for letting us know Bernardo.  Some day I'll get around to testing out the newest version of ShrewSoft (2.15 was the last version we tested with certificates).

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 16 of 26

Thanks  Sliedl !

I tested shrew vpn client v 2.1.4 and it's successful !

Can U help me in case I use pre-share key method to authenticate ?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 17 of 26

If you ask for preshare key for an easy configuration in clients, i suggest to make a configuration with certificates and save that vpn conf in a .vpn file inside shrew access manager (File>export), that export file contains the conf and certificates needed to anothers laptops. that file can be imported in anothers laps and the vpn client is working immediately.

Regards.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 18 of 26

Yes ! thank You !

This way 's interesting, convenient and useful !

infact i want to demo some methods that Sidewinder was introduced : Using pre-share key, Using Certificate ( self sign ) and Certificate with RootCA. So do U try pre-share key method with shrew ?

I have another question that : When configure Sidewinder : Certificate Management --> Certificate Authories , can U suggest in case we Use a internal CA ( a CA of my company ) !

^^ . Can We discuss about these cases ?

Thanks so much !

Message was edited by: sonnv on 8/2/10 11:31:20 AM CDT

Message was edited by: sonnv on 8/2/10 11:32:00 AM CDT
Highlighted

Here's a little guide i made, we use shrew soft vpn client and it works perfect, hope it helps.. im using version 2.1.7

Highlighted
Level 14
Message 20 of 26

Very cool, thank you for the contribution, it looks great.

I am writing some VPN guides just like this, using Shrew Soft.  I will post the links here when I am finished.

Thanks once again.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community