cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An unrecoverable error has ocurred. It is recommended this application be restarted

Jump to solution

Hi all, I have this error in the GUI, I cannot make any changes to the FW until it is restarted.

Any ideas? Thank in advanced for your help.

FW 8.3 p2

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sliedl
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Re: An unrecoverable error has ocurred. It is recommended this application be restarted

Jump to solution

Run 'cf policy repair' on the command-line to fix this.  The command will have no impact on traffic.  This error will go away then.

Can you private message me a copy of your configuration?  Or send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you instructions to SCP it to us.  Your configuration will help us fix issues like this in the future.

4 Replies
Highlighted
PhilM
Level 14
Message 2 of 5

Re: An unrecoverable error has ocurred. It is recommended this application be restarted

Jump to solution

It is possible that you have some rogue configuration data which the Firewall GUI isn't too happy about and when it tries to render the contents in the window it comes across this data  and crashes.

There maybe a McAfee guy who could help. But in these kinds of situations you are probably better off raising a support ticket. Repeat the exercise and the next time the error window appears, click on the "Details" button and include this information in the ticket. It should help the support guys to understand what the GUI was trying to do when it failed.

-Phil.

mtuma
Level 13
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello,

PhilM is correct, clicking the Details button is going to give us much more detail about the problem.

-Matt

Jump to solution

Sorry for the image quality, but this is what I get... 

I think the problem is in the Firewall side because I installed more than one client in more than one computer and I get the same error, and only works again when I restart the Firewall.

Thanks in advanced

image001.jpg

Message was edited by: mvillase on 4/4/13 5:07:58 PM CST
sliedl
Level 14
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Run 'cf policy repair' on the command-line to fix this.  The command will have no impact on traffic.  This error will go away then.

Can you private message me a copy of your configuration?  Or send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you instructions to SCP it to us.  Your configuration will help us fix issues like this in the future.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator