Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 14

Re: game forum is blocked

Jump to solution

Hi jhenry,

Please post back the version of Google Chrome , the aura build seems to be buggy though you should be updated to version 32 by now.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Jump to solution

I accessed that site as green under firefox. Netguard is on.

on 30/01/14 7:08:22 PM
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi jhenry,

I see from the version info that you have the latest Updates for McAfee Personal Firewall. I did a quick research of this website Below are the results.

1) Scanned it in VirusTotal - Came up Clean

2) Site Advisor did not block while clicking on the link however shows a Warning while entering the IP of the site directly.

3) Am unable to Ping this site (Request Timed Out)

4) Tracert results in below Image

game forum.jpg

Could you confirm if Parental controls are enabled in McAfee. If Yes disable it Temporarily  using Admin Password.

Should be SA misdetection or Website is really Suspicious. Either way we need to Request a Review for this site and wait for the Results.

Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Jump to solution

Some slight confusion here. The original message implied that Chrome isn't allowing access to the network for some reason. The question of the site URL and Parental Controls is confusing the issue, I think.

First, I have no problems accessing the site using the URL given. It's not blocked.

Second, as Selvan says, there is a problem with the IP address of the server that the site is hosted on. That's a separate issue (below).

Third, I doubt that the error message as displayed would be a result of anything that Parental Controls is or isn't doing. If Chrome is playing up go look in the Settings section for the network-access options and post a screenshot of what they currently are. Then try clearing everything from the Delete Browsing History option, with all the boxes checked, close Chrome, run CCleaner if you have it, and re-start Chrome and try again.

So now back to the second point.

It's not the site, but it may be the server, that's causing a problem.

SiteAdvisor - taking its cue from TrustedSource - shows the server IP address (64.237.54.179) to be rated Red. The reason for this is unclear, because that IP address does not seem to be blacklisted elsewhere.

However, a Sucuri scan reveals that the server is running under Apache 2.2.26 which, although released only a few months ago, is neither the latest nor the recommended version of Apache. As of today the latest version is Apache 2.4.7, although I see far too many sites running under 2.2.x - or even older.

http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/Announcement2.2.txt

The Apache Software Foundation and the Apache HTTP Server Project are pleased to announce the release of version 2.2.26 of the Apache HTTP Server ("Apache").  This version of Apache is principally a bug fix maintenance release.

We consider the Apache HTTP Server 2.4 release to be the best version of Apache available, and encourage users of 2.2 and all prior versions to upgrade.  This 2.2 maintenance release is offered for those unable to upgrade at this time.  For further details, see:

http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/Announcement2.4.txt

There are several reported exploits for this version of Apache, some being XSS exploits. Possibly TrustedSource has detected something.

An alternative reason for the Red rating for the server could be because the server is hosting a total of 19 websites. One or more of those could be compromised and serving up malware as a result of the server being hacked.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 27/01/14 05:44:21 GMT

Message was edited by: Hayton on 29/01/14 22:10:08 GMT