cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zuess3t
Level 7

Latest Family Protection wont allow second user to access any web pages

I am using this software on a laptop and for the admin everything works fine and dandy. When I log into a diffirent user FP wont allow the web browser firefox to open any pages at all even though the setting is set to "low". I have checked FP and there are no sites blocked and I have unticked the box where it says"block all acess when logged out"

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Latest Family Protection wont allow second user to access any web pages

Moved to Family Protection for better attention.

0 Kudos
satari
Level 7

Hi zuess3t

Are you facing the same issue still now? If yes, could you please provide more info on this so that some one can help you out to solve the problem?

1. Version No of MFP

2. OS details

3. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the product

0 Kudos
zuess3t
Level 7

Yes the issue is still there.

1. Version No of MFP:2.4.136.1

2. OS details:Windows 7 64 bit

3. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the product: yes

Tried to use firefox,chrome,explorer and opera and the problem still persists.When I use FP on the admin account the browers work fine

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

As noone seems to be posting solutions you might want to contact Technical Support.  It's free of charge and available by phone or online chat, linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

0 Kudos
satari
Level 7

Hi Zuess 3t,

Could you please try an trial account and check whether it is account specific or not?

You can create a trial account from here: http://home.mcafee.com/Default.aspx?rfhs=1

Also please mention your browser version if probem is still there.

0 Kudos
inetdiskgo
Level 7

The first guess I have -- and I am not sure why no one has thought of this -- is that the account has been set to only display whitelisted web sites but there are no whitelisted web sites.   See the section in the picture below which is outlined with a green box.  If that checkbox is checked, then only the allowed websites show up.  If there are no allowed web sites, then they get nothign.  Hope it helps.

mcafeeblock.png

Message was edited by: inetdiskgo on 2/14/13 12:10:41 PM CST
0 Kudos