Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robcjr
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Issues with time limits

Using Family Protection (from Cox Cable) and having constant issues with the Time Limits feature. Everyday, my kids are blocked incorrectly. To resolve, I have to go into the Admin settings, select Time Limits for each kid, and toggle the Time Zone. I normally change the Time Zone to another (incorrect for us) zone, then back to the correct time zone, and then the time limits seem to work right....for a while. Why does the program keep getting confused on the Time Limits and forcing me to kinda "wake it up" or "kick it" each day ?

1 Reply
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Issues with time limits

Not using the MFP product I can only guess.  Is the machine connected to the Internet and showing the right time and timezone for the system clock?  That would be how it synchronizes these things I would imagine.

There's a FAQ on it here:  How to set up McAfee Family Protection Time Limits

But as you are using Cox I guess you are in the US which has 24/7 free online phone (or chat) Technical Support, I would take advantage of that.  Link below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

McAfee Support Mobile App Available
With the new McAfee Support Mobile App you’ll be able to update, close, and view service requests on your mobile device. The app will also notify you when one of our technical support engineers update a service request. Download the Android version from Google Play and the iOS version from the Apple App Store today!