cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I know if Family Protection has been activated?

Jump to solution

I've just downloaded and installed Family Protection, configured the users and features, and restarted the PC, but nothing seems to have happened.

I expected to see a user ID/password screen when accessing the web.

Also, the icon (bottom right of screen) is red - should this be green?

I've run the virtual technician, with no problems found, but it seems to be installed but not doing anything. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 7

Re: How do I know if Family Protection has been activated?

Jump to solution

davidn6 wrote:

I've tried the Technical Support Chat, but it won't let me submit my question without entering a phone number, and it doesn't recognise a UK phone number as a valid entry...

The Free Email Support option doesn't seem to be available.

Anything else I can try?

FYI - enter the phone number like this 123-456-7890 format and it will work.  So you will have to juggle with your dialling codes.

6 Replies
k3tg
Level 14
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

I don't use this portion of the software so I can only suggest you see the online help dealing with this issue. You might contact Technical Support Chat to see what they suggest. You can reach them 24 hours a day through the Useful Links at the top of this page. Sorry I cannot be of more help to you.

Jump to solution

I've tried the Technical Support Chat, but it won't let me submit my question without entering a phone number, and it doesn't recognise a UK phone number as a valid entry...

Anything else I can try?

Dinz
Level 16
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi davidn6,

McAfee Family Protection is a full-featured Internet blocking and monitoring application. It is not an anti-virus or firewall program. It gives parents the ability to monitor and control a child's web-surfing habits, instant messaging usage, and access to various kinds of online media. Family Protection is designed to control the types of content which can be viewed, listened to, or shared with others from your home computer.  Please go through this document which will help you to enable web blocking using Mcafee family protection.

Do report back if you need assisstance with the same.

Regards,

Dinesh K

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately when I use the document link in your post, I get the message 'An Error Occurred.' Could you please post this again? I've looked through the pdf user guide, but can't find how to enable Family Protection.

I'm assuming that it has installed correctly, but I can't be sure of that.

Thanks.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

davidn6 wrote:

Anything else I can try?

FYI - enter the phone number like this 123-456-7890 format and it will work.  So you will have to juggle with your dialling codes.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community