cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tellusbs
Level 7

Family Protection Removal

We had Family Protedtion on this computer.  It was removed.  I did a disk searcha and a aregistry search and find nothing with family protection.  IE still redirect to the family protection webiste when I try to start IE twith yahoo as home page.  What next.   Have ran Malware on the system.

Thanks,

Ralph

0 Kudos
7 Replies
srajagopalan
Level 9

Re: Family Protection Removal

Hi,

Try the following:

• Try Resetting the IE , Delete all the Historys,Cookies and try to browse the website
  • If it still redirects to the same Family Protection Site then Can you specify the URL address and Screen Capture of the Site.

Thanks & Regards,

Raja Gopalan S

0 Kudos
tellusbs
Level 7

Thanks for the suggestions but that did not work.  The url is http://mcafeefamilyprotection.com in IE.  I did not get a screen capture as it takes me about an hour to drive over to that computer.   Anyother suggestions or I can drive over and get a screen capture.

Ralph

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

Hi Ralph,

Can you confirm you have any traces of family protection  either on the task bar or in start > all programs or in the control panel ???  If not , please click on Useful links at the top of this page and get connected to our technicians so that they remote into teh PC to remove those traces and get its resolved real quick .

Thanks,

0 Kudos
tellusbs
Level 7

There is no evidence in the task bar, in start programs, or control panel.  On the computer that I am having this problem on I can not get pass this redirection of IE so I can not get the useful link screen.  i am using another computer to communicate with you.  Is the McAfee technical support a fee based support?

Ralph

0 Kudos
Dinz
Level 16

It’s a free service offered to McAfee customers , please try it and let me know if any issues .

Regards,

0 Kudos
tellusbs
Level 7

Here is my problem i can not run the virtual technician on the comuter with the problem as I can not get tot he internet to down load it.  So is there aphone number i can call for help to get this uninstalled and working?

Thanks,

Ralph

0 Kudos
tellusbs
Level 7

Is ther a phone number I can call?  I did not get a response tothe lastposting?

Ralph

0 Kudos