Highlighted
jj717
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Family Protection Error Code: E800

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I am new to the forum and I am need help with the Family Protection Activation. I constantly receive this message:

During the activation process, an internal system error occurred. Please contact thchnical support with the following error code: E800.

I've tried the links for support and I can't find help anywhere regarding this error. Has anyone in the group ever encountered this problem.

If so... I could really use your help.

Thanks in advance

jj717

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jj717
Level 8
Message 6 of 6

Re: Family Protection Error Code: E800

Jump to solution

Hi ev1 - Thanks so much for all who helped by answering my problem that I was having with the Family Protection error: E800.

I finally resolved the problem by completely removing the program and doing a thorough clean in my registry.

After doing this I was able to reinstall Family Protection. I believe the issue was due to the corrupt DAT update "6812" released by McAffee.

Thanks again for all of your help!

JJ717

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Moved to McAfee Family Protection.

The only other reports of an Error E800 I can find are all connected with Canon Copiers. Are you sure that's what the message said? It would help if you could take a screenshot so we can pass this on. I don't know what the error code means and no-one else has reported it.

jj717
Level 8
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Hayton & "thanks" so much for replying to my issue.

To answer your "?"... When I click on the Verizon Family Protection in the system tray, the login window pops up. With the message: During the activation process, an internal system error occurred. Please contact technical support with the following error code: E800.

I have looked all over the Verizon site for any help or solution to this error. I have uninstalled & reinstalled the software. I have updated the "Super DAT & engine" and I still receive this error. I have even used the Home Agent to see if it would even find the error. Using that program it says that the DAT is corrupt. That was when I found the link to update the DAT files. I still get errors.

Seriously thinking of going back to the Windows Essential Security. I can't seem to find any support on these issues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially since I'm paying for this monthly.

JJ717

Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

The actual error code may not be that important here. The clue is in what else you said : the error was in the activation process, and Home Agent (is that the same as MVT?) reported a DAT error.

So this is almost certainly a result of the faulty DAT that went out on Friday. The symptoms are pretty much the same as in another post about a problem with mcagent (here).

McAfee are saying if you run the latest version of MVT it should force a clean DAT to be installed. I don't know yet if this completely fixes the problem but it probably should do so. Want to try it and let me know if it worked?

rivas
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Are you still seeing this issue?

jj717
Level 8
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi ev1 - Thanks so much for all who helped by answering my problem that I was having with the Family Protection error: E800.

I finally resolved the problem by completely removing the program and doing a thorough clean in my registry.

After doing this I was able to reinstall Family Protection. I believe the issue was due to the corrupt DAT update "6812" released by McAffee.

Thanks again for all of your help!

JJ717

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community