cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gworden
Level 7

Change Admin Password

The User Guide says click "Change Admin Password" button to change the administrator's password. When I open the Family Protection Console, that button does not exist in the Account Summary tab.

How can I change the admin password?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
gworden
Level 7

Fixed

Ok, I contacted customer service and they changed it for me. The User Guide is incorrect when it says there is a Change Admin Password button when you open the Family Protection Console.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Fixed

Thanks for pointing that out. I don't use it myself but will take your word for it and bring it up at our next conference call with McAfee - next Monday afternoon.
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Fixed

One of our technicians is asking for more information.

Could you run the McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) listed in my signature and post the session ID.

If that fails for any reason please post the following:

What is your operating system, service pack and are you up to date with Microsoft update? There are two ways of checking this. Go to Start/Run and type in winver then click the Enter key. Or, right-click My Computer in the Start Menu or on your desktop (or Computer in Vista) and select Properties.
Post what it says.

What McAfee products do you have? If your taskbar icon is like this: - double-click to open SecurityCenter and then click "View Details" or "About" at the lower right of the new window. Post the details from each module.
0 Kudos
gworden
Level 7

RE: Change Admin Password

Thanks. The Session ID is: 20648599
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

RE: Change Admin Password

I'll pass that on.
0 Kudos
gworden