cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MAR in multiple ePO environment

Jump to solution

Hi guys!

I have a problem with MAR service in multiple ePO environment.

Infra is the following:

ePO1:

ePO 5.10 U3, two DXL Broker configured as a HUB, two TIE Server (Primary, Secondary), MAR server with TIE func. (Reporting Secondary)

ePO2:

ePO 5.10 U3, two DXL Broker configured as a HUB

I created a DXL bridge accross the ePO-s (it works properly).

Configured TIE Server in multiple infra: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88621 (it works properly)

But the clients managed by ePO2 can not use Active Response Server (clients managed by ePO 1 can use Active Response).

The MAR extensions are installed and on the DXL Fabric the srevices related MAR are ready to use.

But the MAR Workspace and Seach menus are dropping unknown error.

How can i configure the ePO 2 that systems managed by ePO 2 can use MAR?

Thank you!

Regards,

k

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Daveb3d
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 9

Re: MAR in multiple ePO environment

Jump to solution

1) Log into the second ePO server.

2) Delete the MAR registered server.

3) Log into primary ePO server

4) Rerun MAR server installation task.  (this should regenerate a correctly working registered server on the secondary ePO server).

How many clients do you have?  From that, I can offer advice on an aggregator.  

8 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

If you go into Registered Servers and open up the MAR server, does it show any errors around licensing?

Dave

Jump to solution

On ePO 1 the MAR Registered Server is OK.

On ePO 2 i can not pick up the MAR server as a registered server (licensing issue).

Should i register?

One more thing: I installed MAR aggregator on DXL Brokers managed by ePO 2.

Should i modify DXL topic authorization on ePO 1 or ePO 2?

Thank you.

kovarczi

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

I assume you are using 2.4.  If so, try this:

On server 2, delete the MAR server from registered servers.  Then go re-run the server installation task against the MAR server, which will recreate the registered server.  It should then work.

I haven't used aggregators.  Unless you have a REALLY large number of clients it really isn't needed.

Dave

Jump to solution

HI Dave,

thank you very much for help!

Yes, we are using MAR 2.4

But it is not clear what you suggest me.

We use 1 MAR server which is managed by ePO 1.

Regarding the Product Guide we can share this MAR server with DXL bridge. But the guide does not provide any additional information about the exact settings.

After bridging ePO and Registering TIE on ePO 2 i opened a SR because the MAR service was not available on clients managed by ePO 2.

The MFE support suggested MAR aggregators and installing MAR extension on ePO 2.

"On server 2, delete the MAR server from registered servers. "

I tried to pick up a MAR Registered Server on ePO 2 but i can not. So i do not have it at this time.

"Then go re-run the server installation task against the MAR server, which will recreate the registered server.  It should then work."

what do you mean exactly? Should i create a Server Task (deployment task -- MAR Server) on ePO 1 and run it against the working MAR server?

How will be MAR registering itself on ePO 2? Through DXL fabric? 

And an other question: because of MAR Aggregators should i modify the DXL fabric?

Thank you. 

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

1) Log into the second ePO server.

2) Delete the MAR registered server.

3) Log into primary ePO server

4) Rerun MAR server installation task.  (this should regenerate a correctly working registered server on the secondary ePO server).

How many clients do you have?  From that, I can offer advice on an aggregator.  

Jump to solution

Dear Dave,

after deploying the MAR server, it create a Registered Server entry in ePO 2, which is very good (it was first time) but we have licensing issue, of course.

I tried it again, but the issue is the same.

We have many error message in Orion log.

e.g.

ePO 1

ERROR [pool-1-thread-21] impl.ServerManagerImpl - Error registering MAR Server
com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: No agent wake-up calls were successful

ERROR [http-nio-8443-exec-13] rest.Rest - Unable to compare versions for component B_McAfee Active Response.0000
com.mcafee.epo.core.EpoValidateException: Invalid installed version string

ePO 2

ERROR [pool-1-thread-1] impl.ServerManagerImpl - Error registering MAR Server
com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: No agent wake-up calls were successful

ERROR [http-nio-8443-exec-136] actions.MARServerActions - Error getting service info
com.intel.mar.service.client.ServiceException: java.lang.NullPointerException: proxySelector == null

ERROR [scheduler-InternalTask-thread-16] impl.MARHealthServiceImpl - Cannot get MAR Server status
com.intel.mar.service.client.ServiceException: java.lang.NullPointerException: proxySelector == null

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

You might check your extension versions and ensure they are fully installed on both, but otherwise I'm really not sure.   Best to engage support.

Dave

Jump to solution

Finally after running some deployment task (e.g. 10 times) it works. It can register the MAR server as licensed. But now it is good.

Thank you very much!

regards,

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community