JSteww
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Artemis!39BDB04059E1 False Positive?

Hello,

The gui component of our application is being flagged as a trojan:

Artemis!39BDB04059E1

I belive this is likely an error. It is only being flagged for our Windows 32 bit app. It is a python based GUI. However, I would like to understand how to be certain the app is fine and how to whitelist it assuming it is. This is for a globally installed app and I hope to have the whitelist applied globally.

I am looking forward to your responses,

John Stewart

1 Reply
McAfee Employee tlm387
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Artemis!39BDB04059E1 False Positive?

The official process for submitting a potential false postive for review is documented in KB 85567
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB85567

Be sure to follow the sample submission requirements and McAfee labs will review the sample submission and after the sample has been analyzed, one of the following happens:

- The sample is considered clean. Detection is suppressed in GTI and/or resolved in the DAT release.
- Analysis of the file determines that the sample is properly detected. You are notified of the results.

As far as excluding the object. Which product triggered this detection? Do you have a corresponding threat event that can be shared?

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.