Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

view.atdmt.com

My computer has been hijacked by view.atdmt.com and/or other malware. IE8 is working but Firefox being my primary is malfuctioning.

I use vista, on a gateway laptop

I have tried several software; McAfee and windows defender both installed and updated prior to attack, then, SoftspySE, Malwarebytes...

I looked at an earlier post here then I tried NoAdware5 as recommended. it found but did NOT clean:

Adrevolver, double click and media.adrevolver which are tracking cookies.
NapsterShell file and directory.

But no view.atdmt.com

Please help

Engrk
4 Replies
Highlighted

RE: view.atdmt.com

Hello

My computer has been hijacked by view.atdmt.com and/or other malware.

How has your computer been hijacked?

Have a read of this thread.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r18992586-ATDMT

Install a host file

I also recommend installing SpywareBlaster, it does not scan for malware- it blocks tracking cookies, malicious active x controls ect...
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
Highlighted

SoftspySE is not very good to have.

Paretologic is a well known scamware company that makes rogue products also Paretologic has many rogue affiliates that offers rogue products please stay away from all of Paretologic products

One of the comments from:
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/paretologic.com
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Dear Paullotion and YoKenny,

Thanks for your replies...

Paullotion, I have taken your advice and installed SpywareBlaster. To answer your question, my home page on firefox keeps going to: view.atdmt.com. Is that Hijack?

Also, YoKenny, I have uninstalled SoftspySE.

Here is an update:

I was directed here by the comcast Tech and I am new to these forums and online charting. Once on the forum, I did a search and then looked in the posts. That is where I got some of the suggestions that I tried. But that post was in 2005.

The posts also suggest to go to TSF another forum. I was concerned not to get my system compromised. There is a person over at TSF assigned. we have done combofix, atf cleaner, and Kaspersky scan... but not totally fixed yet

Anyway, It is incredible to see so many people helping.
Highlighted

There is a person over at TSF assigned. we have done combofix, atf cleaner, and Kaspersky scan... but not totally fixed yet

Thanks for the update, since you are being helped at TSF and i am sure they will help you remove the problem, i will close this thread.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community