cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

total securityand winweb security - the same??

I had Total Security v4.52 virus on my computer but since McAfee quarantined Fake alert winweb security, it has not appeared again. Are they the same thing and is it safe to delete it ? In quarantine next to fake alert it says "this program is blocked access to the internet and cannot establish inbound or outbound connections" What happens if I just leave things to stay in quarantine?
Many thanks
3 Replies

RE: total securityand winweb security - the same??

Get rid of it - remove it from quarantine and download and run the free version of this tool to be sure you're clean.
Update it before running and let it clean everything it finds. Reboot if asked.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

I doubt they are one and the same.
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

malwarebytes removal

Thank you I will delete from McAfee quarantine. I did download malwarebytes at your previous suggestion but when it got to "show results" the only option seemed to be remove, and being a bit uncertain to do this I cancelled. So - is it o.k. to delete everthing that appears in the result box? There were about 6 items, or should I post the details on the malwarebytes forum for advice?

RE: malwarebytes removal

Yes - delete everything it finds. But if you are totally unsure and don't mind waiting then ask the MBAM Forums for advice on the log by all means.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community