I need help. I purchased a $70 program from trust company that has rave reviews and has been around for years. I finally picked up this piece of software. It is more of a plug-in for another program, and I really need this to work.
As stated above, I keep getting the "False Artemis!790621D79F78" message. Then McAfee takes my .exe file for this program and quarantines it. Once I try to send it back to its resective folder, McAfee wil repeat the whole quarantine process once again.
Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Thanks in advance!
Initially I contacted McAfee customer care. I was instructed to remove McAfee, install the program that I wanted to use, and then to reinsall McAfee and it should not affect the software. She assured me that if it was already in use, then McAfee will not harm the file. It sounded like a good suggestion, but it did not work.
Instead, I contacted the customer care team for the software I was trying to install. They were bewildered that the McAfee software was preventing me from using it. I granted access to their tech support team and here are the steps we took to fix the issue:
On McAfee we went to "Virus and Protection"
- Then clicked on "Real Time Scanning"
- We turned off "Real Time Scanning"
- Then we went to "Navigation" on the right hand side
- Scrolled down and selected Quarantined and Trusted Files
- Clicked on "Quarantined Files"
- Selected the File (It was the only Quarantined file in my case, so I pressed "Select All")
- Then I clicked on "Restore File"
- Then I went back to "Virus and Protection", Real Time Scanning, then "Excluded Files"
- Clicked on "Add", and then I added the file to the Excluded Files list
- Then I truned "Real Time Scanner" back on
--------------------> PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks for the help though guys!
You must be running the 13.6 Version. The (File Exclusion) has been re-introduced in this version.
Remember this way might get you approving a file that is infected so only use it when you are certain of the file