Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyt
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

please help !!!!!!!!

my computer has been acting abnornally for about a week, first i lost my wallpaper and since then some times when i try to open internet explorer it just keeps opening copy after copy. one time it was 61 copies another time it got up to 93 copies before i finally had to turn off the power. also when i opened MS excel the cursor immediately started scrolling down the page and would not stop until i closed the program.

i have run adavert 2007, spybot search and destroy, smitRem and Mcafee virusscan almost continuously and the problems just seem to be getting worse.

MS windows XP
Professional
version 2002
service pack 2

McAfee virusscan
build 10.0.27
engine version 5100
DAT version 5179
DAT file created 12/06/2007

Adavert 2007

Spybot search and destroy

SmitRem

any help would be greatly appreciated, i'm getting desperate, my computer has become next to useless.
thank you

tonyt
5 Replies
bp109
Level 7
Message 2 of 6

this may or may not work

If you can get to your system tools, one thing you could try would be to do a system restore back to a date when things were working normally. If it doesn't change anything, you could always undo the restoration if you choose.

This solution is relatively low tech and won't tell you WHY something happened, but it may get your pc functional again, which is what you are looking for.

Good luck
tonyt
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

thanks for the suggestion

thanks for the suggestion, i just tried that and i could only go back to the 4th of dec. which would not be back far enough.

RE: thanks for the suggestion

Sounds a bit like vundo,follow instructions below:

Register at this Forum then follow these Steps post the required log in that forum,not here.
tonyt
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

thanks

thank you pallotion, i am following your instruction now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: thanks

As the user has not replied since 9th December, this thread is closed.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community