cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new malware c2_generic-A

Jump to solution

Hi,

can anyone heard about this malware and i am unable to find how to remove it by using mcafee and it is also not detecting by VSE,

it's detected by my network firewall.

need help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tomz2
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Re: new malware c2_generic-A

Jump to solution

Jagadeesh,

Given that we don't know the vendor of your firewall, there is no way to tell what it is actually referring to. I would suggest you start with the firewall vendor first to obtain further information and once you have the additional info (hashes, variant names, etc.) then can the Intel Security community help determine if there is coverage.

As Peter mentioned, if you have a sample of the malicious file, please use the ServicePortal to submit a sample to McAfee Labs for analysis. Our labs team can provide an Extra.DAT to provide temporary coverage, if available.

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: new malware c2_genric-A

Jump to solution

Moved to Malware Discussion > Corporate User Assistance as the best spot for this.

Have you submitted the file to McAfee for analysis? 

Try running GetSusp, see the last link below for various links and hints.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

tomz2
Level 11
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Jagadeesh,

Given that we don't know the vendor of your firewall, there is no way to tell what it is actually referring to. I would suggest you start with the firewall vendor first to obtain further information and once you have the additional info (hashes, variant names, etc.) then can the Intel Security community help determine if there is coverage.

As Peter mentioned, if you have a sample of the malicious file, please use the ServicePortal to submit a sample to McAfee Labs for analysis. Our labs team can provide an Extra.DAT to provide temporary coverage, if available.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Collect the sample by running Get sup and share it with McAfee LAB.

they will provide you signature to detect.

malware c2_generic-A