cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lorissag
Level 7

my scan came up with a Artemis!A11430AD61B0 how do i get rid of it? i cannot afford to pay someone almost $100 to do it for me as I am a poor collage student

Artemis!A11430AD61B0 is the name of the trojin that it came up with.please help me get rid of it. i am not really great with computers but i can follow step by step insturctions!!!!!! any help would be greatly appriciated

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: my scan came up with a Artemis!A11430AD61B0 how do i get rid of it? i cannot afford to pay someone almost $100 to do it for me as I am a poor collage student

If you want to get rid of it and are sure that it is an unwanted object then follow these instructions.  As you haven't stated what version of VirusScan you have I'll include both 2010 and 2009 consumer versions.

For VirusScan 14 - 2010 - which  has a shield-shaped icon in the  taskbar, double-click that icon to open  SecurityCenter

Click  Navigation at top right

Click  Quarantined & Trusted Items in  the list below.

If it is  VirusScan 13 - 2009 which has a square taskbar  icon, also double-click  to open SecurityCenter

Click Advanced Menu  (bottom left)

Click  Restore (left)

Click Files (right).

Remove whatever is in the Quarantine folder and it will be gone from your machine.  Do NOT use Restore unless you wish to reinstate it.

If  something is misidentified as  an infection McAfee wants to know about  it.

This thread will explain how to get around it in order to report the file to McAfee.

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Re: my scan came up with a Artemis!A11430AD61B0 how do i get rid of it? i cannot afford to pay someone almost $100 to do it for me as I am a poor collage student

Marking as assumed answered due to age of post

0 Kudos