cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justx001
Level 7

mcafee not removing frame display adware

Mcafee is not removing frame display adware from chrome. What needs to be done to get rid of this adware?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: mcafee not removing frame display adware

moved to malware area  and try some of the scanners mentioned here

This assumes this is actually a malware issue and consumer product if corporate product let me know.

0 Kudos

Hi

Are you receiving this error in Internet explorer as well. Perhaps a screenshot of the error message will help a lot to proceed further.

Tier 2.5 Technician
0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 17

This is "Framed Display", yet another adware product that probably came bundled with something else. These things are "Potentially Unwanted" and McAfee blocks some, allows others. This one must have been allowed by default.

To delete it just follow the advice given in http://malwaretips.com/blogs/framed-display-removal/

Edit - As of September 22 McAfee was detecting this and giving it an Artemis number, so I don't know why it hasn't been flagged on the poster's machine

The Framed Display files are detected as BrowseFox.F by AVG, PUP.Optional.FramedDisplay.A by Malwarebytes and Artemis!032AA150BDFB by McAfee.

0 Kudos
justx001
Level 7

Thank you all for the replys. I did figure it out. There was a component that was running that would re install the chrome extension. I could remove the extension once the other stuff was removed.

0 Kudos