Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makimonaco
Level 7

kromirani.exe trojan not removed by McAfee

Jump to solution

Hi,

I seem to have a virus on my system linked to explorer.exe. Each time I open a new disk (virtual or USB) the virus creates on the main directory of the newly opened/connected unit a file called autorun.inf file plus a directory/file called dupler/kromirani.exe. I have run McAfee many times and it does not find any viruses.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
Level 21

Re: kromirani.exe trojan not removed by McAfee

Jump to solution

mazin wrote:

can you please give me the activation/licence key of Autorun Virus Remover v2.3 or Prevx 3.0

I don't know to use HijackThis.

Hey you can mail me.

thanx...

It's most likely not legal to share licensing information, so to anyone thinking about it please don't publish it & mazin you shouldn't be asking for it.

Hijackthis could not be simpler to use.  You simply run it then copy and paste its log into a post on the Hijackthis Log section of one of those forums and they analyse it for free and tell you what to do,  There are always free tools available for this purpose which they use.

Did you try to run Malwarebytes free in Safe Mode after having updated it?

Other free online antivirus scans are HERE and HERE.  They work remotely and can maybe remove this.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/07/10 9:59:05 EDT AM
0 Kudos
8 Replies
mazin
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi.....

i also have the same virus KROMIRANI.EXE.

There is an anti virus software for this named "prevx 3.0" but it require activation key which is not free.

please help me my email ID is

email removed for your safety and privacy - Moderator

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/07/10 3:07:06 EDT PM
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Prevx is anti-spyware and isn't guaranteed, follow the suggestion in my previous post and never, ever publish personal information in a public place.

0 Kudos
mazin
Level 7

Jump to solution

can you please give me the activation/licence key of Autorun Virus Remover v2.3 or Prevx 3.0

Hey you can mail me.

thanx...

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

mazin wrote:

Hey you can mail me.

thanx...

It's most likely not legal to share licensing information, so to anyone thinking about it please don't publish it & mazin you shouldn't be asking for it.

Hijackthis could not be simpler to use.  You simply run it then copy and paste its log into a post on the Hijackthis Log section of one of those forums and they analyse it for free and tell you what to do,  There are always free tools available for this purpose which they use.

Did you try to run Malwarebytes free in Safe Mode after having updated it?

Other free online antivirus scans are HERE and HERE.  They work remotely and can maybe remove this.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/07/10 9:59:05 EDT AM
0 Kudos
makimonaco
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello all,

Finally I did give malwarebytes another try: I updated its signature file, run it again and it has fixed the kromirani.exe virus problem.

Thanks ex-brit.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Thank goodness for that!   I thought it was strange that it wasn't catching it.   It's a useful tool to keep around as long as you always remember to update it before running.

0 Kudos
mazin
Level 7

Jump to solution

hey thanx for helping....

now my computer is free from KROMIRANI.EXE...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Glad to hear it and good luck!

0 Kudos