cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devincanada
Level 7

kozanekozasearchsystem virus/spyware? Artemis!B602FED9A47A

Hello, over the last few weeks every time I've run a virus scan it turns up 20+ tracking cookies. This happens even if I run a scan immediately after one finishes. And more recently, my browser will pop up and try and link me to the site kozanekozasearchsystem.com, although it never actually connects. I searched google and a few people have reported similar problems, but I think this is a relatively new problem. My computer has turned up the trojan Artemis! a few times recently, but nothing changes.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/12/11 12:40:08 EST PM
0 Kudos
4 Replies
devincanada
Level 7

Re: kozanekozasearchsystem virus/spyware?

Also, I don't know if its related but my mcafee can never automatically download updates anymore. It always says can't connect, but then when I open mcafee and click check for updates I never have a problem.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

The URL traces back to a server in Arizona but the site was registered by a Nikita Vipechkin with an address in Kinel (Russia). Google throws up a connection with xa.com, which was flagged not long ago for distributing malware (and is now unreachable).

Other people with this redirection suspect it might be a rootkit. One person tried TDSSKiller and said that fixed his problem. It might be worth a try - you'll find it here. Others have tried different tools, none of which has definitely fixed the problem.

If McAfee is reporting finding Artemis infections on your PC, please let us know what they are. The redirection appears to be part of a larger package of malware.

Your automatic update failing to connect may perhaps be caused by a malware infection; let's wait for the result of TDSSKiller.

0 Kudos
devincanada
Level 7

Thanks for the response. This is the version: Artemis!B602FED9A47A. I downloaded TDSSKiller, but it yielded nothing.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: kozanekozasearchsystem virus/spyware? Artemis!B602FED9A47A

Moved to Artemis so that department can view it and I added the Artemis number to the header.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/12/11 12:45:02 EST PM
0 Kudos