cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diegoli
Level 7

how to kill the 2 horses:mcafee/msc/mcsync, mcafee/msc/mcinfo

Mcafee can't kill nor recognize the horse, it only blocks the programa when it is started.

mcafee/msc/mcsync, mcafee/msc/mcinfo

0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: how to kill the 2 horses:mcafee/msc/mcsync, mcafee/msc/mcinfo

Mcinfo and Mcsync are both genuine McAfee processes, why do you say they are trojans?

0 Kudos
Diegoli
Level 7

Even I am confused. Mcafee itself blocked the 2 processes sevral times everyday.....and giving me information as: Mcafee has blocked the trojan: mcafee/msc/mcsync......

I don't know, this has never happened to no one?........OMG.....

0 Kudos
Diegoli
Level 7

Even I am confused. Mcafee itself  blocked the 2 processes sevral times everyday.....and giving me  information as: Mcafee has blocked the trojan: mcafee/msc/mcsync......

I don't know, this has never happened to no one?........OMG.....

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK if it blocked them then it knows that they aren't genuine.  They should be in the Quarantine folders.

Assuming the latest SecurityCenter is installed (shield-shaped icon), double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Navigation (top right)

Click Quarantined and Trusted Items

Click any of the 3 sections dosplayed for more information.  They can be deleted there.

As a precaution try running a 3rd party application that checks for malware anbd can be run when McAfee is installed with no problems...

Download, update (important) and run the FREE version of THIS software.  Let it remove anything it finds and reboot if asked.

0 Kudos
Diegoli
Level 7

Oh~~Thank U~~~Let me try it.....Hoping to get rid of this trouble this time~~

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Good luck. ;-)

0 Kudos