cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idemas
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

how to get rid of "BrowserFox-FBB" adware?

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of "BrowserFox-FBB" adware?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: how to get rid of "BrowserFox-FBB" adware?

​,

(Moved to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance > Discussions)

Please follow these Guidelines/Instructions to remove this Nasty BrowseFox Ads and BrowseFox Deals Removal Guide

Note:  ​To keep Malwarebytes (Free) do not accept the Free Trial/or activate the (Pro ) Version.

All the Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

​,

I also might add that to help prevent future occurances. I recommend running the Latest McAfee Getsusp Tool, as it will detect Unknown/Suspicious files and programs. Which will then be added to the McAfee Global Threat Intelligence Base. You can obtain this Superb tool HERE

Note:  Please make certain you enter your personal (Email Address) under 'Preferences' with-in the Getsusp UI, before scanning.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Just an FYI McAfee already detects the original version of this PUP (it isn't malware):  Adware-BrowseFox | Virus Profile & Definition | McAfee Inc.

This must have been a new variant.   Using GetSusp would probably have added it to the database.

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I am inclined to agree   Also I might add that the individual applications  (In the Removal Guide) most likely have updated their 'Database' to include (New) variants. At least that has been my experience always in the past.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.