cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jploverio
Level 7

how can i remove mcafees continuous warning "Potential Unwanted Program Blocked" McAfee cannot remove PUP-FNK and SmarterPower programs and I cannot get rid of the notifications

how can i remove mcafees continuous warning "Potential Unwanted Program Blocked"  McAfee cannot remove PUP-FNK and SmarterPower programs and I cannot get rid of the notifications.  its not only annoying but I cannot work when it keeps popping up every 10 seconds

0 Kudos
1 Reply
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: how can i remove mcafees continuous warning "Potential Unwanted Program Blocked" McAfee cannot remove PUP-FNK and SmarterPower programs and I cannot get rid of the notifications

You may try this Removal guide :Remove SmarterPower Ads (Virus Removal Guide)

I might add that the database for all of the programs used in this guide, are updated daily to include other (PUPS/Adware) such as Yontoo,Search Protect ,and the other various undesirable programs.

I might Recommend to run McAfee Getsusp first, to add this detection to the McAfee GTI  Data Base for future coverage,quite possibly.

You can find this valuable Tool in the following Link: http://downloadcenter.mcafee.com/products/mcafee-avert/GetSusp/GetSusp.exe

Please remember to enter your Email address under "Preferences" before scanning

You may also find this article very informative/useful as well:

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Edited: By Catdaddy 9/23/2014

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos