cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

hey i need some help bad...svchost.exe takes 1 and a half gb of mem...help..!!!

hey,ive bought mc afee as a very renowned and reliable virus killer but recently been pissing me off bad...

My dell xps 15 ,6gb ram,500 gb hdd,i5 processor with a good 290 gb left on d drive but 15 gb left on c drive,with a total protection mcafee 3 user device,has been targeted by some unidentifiable virus ...

since i logged on to metacafe and some ehem other ehem sites i know i know my bad...im 17 sorry...ive been experiencing shitty problemss..!!!ive been experiencing shitty problemss..!!!

My computer is slow even though i dont have many actuallyANY processes i mean you know any "ima be minimised to your lower tab" processes ,application not talking about task manager's processos,and plus when i went to some forums and saw my svchost.exe proc... i saw that a single instance took 2 and a half gb of mem on my 6gb ram laptop even when all other applications you know those' ima be minimised to your lower tabs apps...???' yeah are closed...so i think that this is taking the most physical memory ...however when i virus scanned my thingie sorry laptop yup where was i huha laptop yup...with mcafee 's renowned total protection damn it cmon..!!!make some noise..!!! i found none...!!!

whew!!!oh!!

but then reading some other forums i downloaded the malware vytes system free trial version scanned my comp fully there and got 20 virus thingies found called PUP. something..something related to some rewards arcade thingie... ....however i took those out quarantined and deleted it.. but no effect positive may i say...on my cpu memory or physical memory was the same ...scanning it again and again got none anymore]so kicked out malware bytes in a quandary need help ...talk ty laymen's terms ..thankyou any help is appreciated...The right answers are most appreciated ty ... oh oh and yeah my svchost.exe has the following services running:

NAME               PID                         DESCRIPTION                                   STATUS                                GROUP

WUDFSVC         1048                   WINDOWS DEF (figure it out yourself) running                                 local system

wlansvc               1048                    wlan auto(go figure)                             running                                   local system

uxsms                  1048                   desktop wi....                                           running                                  local system

trkwks                  1048                   distributed(go figure)                                             running                                   local system

sys main             1048                  superfetch...                                                  "                                                       "

pcasvc                "                               program compatibity i think...                       "                                                    "

netman               "                            network c...                                                         "                                         "

homegroup            "                     homegroup.....                                                 "                                           "

audioempo          "                                 windowsa

pls help ty....

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: hey i need some help bad...svchost.exe takes 1 and a half gb of mem...help..!!!

It sounds like you have an infection.   What McAfee product and version are you using & what operating system and service pack is this and are you totally up to date with ALL updates?

Try booting to Safe Mode and initiating System Restore to before this all started but if successful don't forget to update everything afterwards.  (Tap F8 repeatedly while booting up).

Read this document and maybe some things there can help:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/06/12 7:41:40 EDT AM

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community