Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ohdear
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

getsusp results - trojans

Jump to solution

Please help - I don't know what's best to do.  I ran rootkitfinder which found no problem.  Stinger deleted 2 problems.  I am worried as Getsusp 3 today reported 4 trojans amongst lots of suspicious files.  I don't know whether everything suspicious is actually wrong.  I don't  know haw to remove trojans.  Do I need to use Techmaster?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ohdear
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Re: getsusp results - trojans

Jump to solution

Thankyou very much for your help, everyone.  I couldn't run the Total Protection scan as it was corrupted.  I subscribed to Techmaster and they checked the logs and removed various trojans etc. so everything seems fine now.  The internet went very slow/stopped working so I gave up and went for the annual subscription and they were excellent.

Thankyou again for your help.

Chloe

4 Replies
Reliable Contributor Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

If McAfee recognises a file as a Trojan then, if you have McAfee installed, a Quick or Full Scan will remove it.

If you don't have McAfee you can either sign up and get it, or deal with the immediate problem by running another program. I would recommend Microsoft's Safety Scanner for that.

Stinger only deals with a subset of active malware, just as Microsoft's MSRT does.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Did you add your email address to the preferences so Mcafee can contact you and were the files sent to Mcafee ie were you online when the scan was made?

on 04/08/13 7:37:27 EDT AM
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Please upload the getsusp logs as a reply in next post. i could check the logs

ohdear
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Thankyou very much for your help, everyone.  I couldn't run the Total Protection scan as it was corrupted.  I subscribed to Techmaster and they checked the logs and removed various trojans etc. so everything seems fine now.  The internet went very slow/stopped working so I gave up and went for the annual subscription and they were excellent.

Thankyou again for your help.

Chloe

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community