Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfeuk
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

fresh weather virrus/malware

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this annoying little virus, im not sure why my Mcafee is not finding this and dealing with it. As usual google gives me numerous results all involving spyware/malware removal programs  but id rather like Mcafee to be able to deal with this. Thanks for any advise you can give

2 Replies

Re: fresh weather virrus/malware

Hi Mark,

Please send us the executable files (.exe or dll) a sample for analysis, in a password-protected ZIP file (password - infected).

You can find detailed instructions for how to do this at <http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx>

If you have a system where you can do a test scan, you may first wish to try our beta DailyDATs to get the latest detection available.   You can find this on our web-site at:

<http://vil.mcafeesecurity.com/vil/averttools.aspx>

Please include a description of the symptoms your system is experiencing, and any pertinent information about what AV Products you are using including company, version number (engine/dat numbers for McAfee Products) and results of the scan.

Thanks

Neha C

Re: fresh weather virrus/malware

Marking as 'assumed answered' due to age of thread. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to let us know.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community