Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medlexo
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

false positive after an update

Jump to solution

As I am the author, I am sure I didn't include any malware inside.

So I kindly request recheck and remove the false positive detection asap
1. Issue Type: False positive

2. Source website: https://medlexo.ml/
3. Name of the software or product: Medlexo
4. Version number of medlexo: 8.0

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Re: false positive after an update

Jump to solution

Hi @medlexo,

The False positive issue should be resolved as of today's update. However, I sincerely request you to kindly check and confirm if it is cleared on your end as well.

Looking forward to your kind update on the same.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

9 Replies
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @medlexo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. May I request you for more details such as what detection you see? Name of detection? or a screenshot to show if there is a block happening from McAfee products?

This will help us determine what we should do for reviewing the detection/block.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
medlexo
Level 8
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

64bit BehavesLike.Win32.Generic.wc

32bit GenericRXNF-VL!ECEB0F0440D6

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @medlexo,

Thank you for your quick response. I have verified this with available resources and I can confirm that these are file detections and not url blocks. Hence I would recommend you to create a service Request with us. If you are already a customer of us, you can call us or login to the support portal for the same..

if not, you can still create a Service Request by contacting our Customer care and getting a temporary Grant# using which they can assist you with an SR creation as well.

Reason for SR creation: we have sample available with us for detection: GenericRXNF-VL!ECEB0F0440D6.

However, we do not have any specific sample for BehavesLike.Win32.Generic.wc as this detection name corresponds to thousands of malwares in the wild.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
medlexo
Level 8
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

I have unsubscribed mcafee few years ago, I don't have access to my old email as well. Can you give a better approach that is more convenient for me? @AdithyanT 

I do not want to waste my phone call.

I already email to **personal information omitted**  before and they never reply and never process the detection when Medlexo was on v6.0 (current is v8.0).

I am truly very unhappy with the service provided by mcafee, take note in customer perspective this will discourage me to use your product @AdithyanT 

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @medlexo,

We sincerely regret this and do not wish to have such an impression with you. Please bear with me while I check internally if I can create a way for you to upload the sample to us and I will drive this through to a resolution.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @medlexo,

Thank you for your kind time and patience with us on this. I have got a response with an SFTP link for you to upload the sample so that we can investigate this for you. I will DM the same in few minutes.

For any one else looking for a solution in general, we usually encourage vendors to have their application whitelisted with us proactively as mentioned in the below KB which should be helpful for your future versions as well:

How to submit your company's software to be considered for validation against DAT files (Whitelisting Program)

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @medlexo,

The False positive issue should be resolved as of today's update. However, I sincerely request you to kindly check and confirm if it is cleared on your end as well.

Looking forward to your kind update on the same.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

medlexo
Level 8
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

fantasic. Yes, it is solved. I am very satisfied with your service

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @medlexo,

Very glad we could be of help to you on this. We sincerely encourage you to submit your new versions proactively using this KBA as reference so that we can ensure your future versions are also deemed clean by us!

How to submit your company's software to be considered for validation against DAT files (Whitelisting Program)

Hope you have a great year ahead!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community