cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.exe Virus...? Also popping up as Artemis!3D29A92406A8 in Tmp Files

McAfee had fixed this virus, but for some reason it keeps coming back in my tmp files, and ends up

coming up in different files. All of a sudden a file named Windows came up into my Documents folder,

and it created another one called Services... I deleted it. It runs this exe called " .exe"  But the samething came back about 4 hours later and McAfee is

going nuts trying to delete the same file that comes up every 5 seconds in Temporary Internet Files. I noticed there was a file called Miner.dll.

Any way to get rid of this annoying problem?

Message was edited by: justaskingquestions on 1/6/13 6:22:38 PM CST
0 Kudos
6 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: .exe Virus...? Also popping up as Artemis!3D29A92406A8 in Tmp Files

Run Stinger and Malwarebytes Free, both in the last link in my signature below as a precaution.   There are other tools and ideas there too.

Or, if it's possible, wind the clock back to before this happened by using System Restore but don't forget to update everything afterwards.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 06/01/13 7:28:56 EST PM
0 Kudos

Oh okay thanks, I'll give them a try.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Hayton
Level 18

Miner is probably BitCoinMiner. If a system restore doesn't cure the symptoms then let us know : you might have a rootkit infection.

0 Kudos

There still seems to be a slow down on my computer... and it seems to freeze most of my windows.

0 Kudos
showvik
Level 12

Hi,

Would it be possible to submit the suspicious files for analysis? The submission process is explained at:

http://www.mcafee.com/us/mcafee-labs/resources/how-to-submit-sample.aspx

You may use the GetSusp utility or the E-mail method to submit suspicious files.  Kindly make a note of the reference ID recieved on successful submission and provide the same here.

Regards,

Showvik

0 Kudos