cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 59

cve 2014-1776 IE Zero Day Exploit - Any News from McAfee??

Fireeye is reporting a new Zero Day of Internet Explorer using the "heap feng shui" exploit.

Does McAfee have any analysis or advisories on this.

Microsoft has released a CVE for this as well

Cant cut and paste into this window, but I would like to see at least something pop up on the Threat Center......which still has Heartbleed as its breaking news.

58 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 59

Re: cve 2014-1776 IE Zero Day Exploit - Any News from McAfee??

Symantec is claiming it catches with its Bloodhound.Exploit.552 signature....but still radio silence from McAfee

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 59

So...every other major vendor is at least acknowleging the issue...Symantec has even released a signature...but McAfee sits there quietly and hasnt even updated its "Recent Malware" page since 3/31.

Meanwhile, my customers and bosses are asking me for an update every 15 mins.  What a bunch of clowns!

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 59

its only been about 36 hours since this exploit was announced.....and absolutely no response from McAfee.......ridiculous.....meanwhile Symantec already has a signature.

I have a meeting in 30 mins to discuss this in our enviroment....guess I'll just have to tell them that McAfee cant be bothered to post an update that affects about 80% of all browsers worldwide.

And this is an enterprise solution?

http://www.mcafee.com/us/security-awareness/articles/msft-office-zero-day-exploit.aspx

Don't keep saying McAfee is doing nothing as you kept saying in your other thread.   Plus there are literally dozens of previous exploits that were caught.

Links to the actual Microsoft article would help to get an exact name for whatever this one is.

Here's a good article on it:  http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/04/microsoft-warns-of-attacks-on-ie-zero-day/

Rest assured I am sure the labs are working on it.

Moved to Corporatre User Assistance for better support.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 9 of 59

Ex_Brit,

I have to agree with epository here.   There is no specific information currently available on-line from McAfee regarding this specific zero-day.  I'm reaching out to my account rep to get what product coverage and mitigating McAfee has for cve 2014-1776.  The older links that you posted do not help for this particular case.... at least specifically for cve 2014-1776.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 59

epository also contributed to a lively exchange of views in a thread in the Consumer section. All I can usefully say (as was said there) is that most of the information about this so far has come from FireEye and Microsoft. McAfee is a Microsoft MAPP partner and will be working with Microsoft on a fix for this; as soon as McAfee are ready to release information there will be a post in the Security Advisories section.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community