cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

cookie bombardment

My system seems to be bombarded with tracking cookies and other adware. I have McAfee Internet Security Suite-2007, Virus Scan version 11.2, operated on Windows XP, home edition version 2002, service pack 2.

Virus scan had identified the following cookies; statcounter, Atdmt, hitbox, double-click and mediaplex and was listing them as 'Potentially unwanted programs'...Now I downloaded Super Anti-spyware's Free-edition and the program cleaned at least 30 different tracking cookies from my pc. But this program seems to have trouble getting rid of the cookie: statcounter. I've run several scans over the last few days and this cookie still seems to show up on both security systems.....First of all, any ideas on what this cookie is and how do I rid my system of it?
Labels (1)
3 Replies

RE: cookie bombardment

Dante

Clear your Cookies:

Clear IE7 cookies

*On the Internet Explorer 7 Tools menu, click Internet Options. The Internet Options box should open to the General tab.
*On the General tab, in the Browsing History, click the Delete button. This will delete all the files that are currently stored in your cache [that includes cookies too].
*Click OK, and then click OK again.

Clear FireFox cookies

*Open Firefox
*Click on Tools
*Click on clear private data
*Tick cookie,cache and browsing history boxes
*Click ok.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could use Firefox with Noscript and AdBlock or Opera.SpyWareBlaster is good at blocking tracking cookies.You could also put those tracking cookies in your host file as well.

How to block tracking cookies IE7

Thank you my friend. This seems to have done the trick. You're a scholar and a gentleman. That's another case of beer for that one paullotion.

Cheers.