cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i use malwarebytes and superantispyware free editions with mcafee security centre version 13.6

Jump to solution

had a problem with mcafee which was escalated to  tier 2 tech at the time of solving my problem ( mcafee was detecting two unsuppoted mcafee products ) he removed malwarebytes and superantispywear and told me not to run these programs, but on checking the forum  it seems that i can safely run sas and malwarebytes i would be grateful if some one could clarify this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

Re: can i use malwarebytes and superantispyware free editions with mcafee security centre version 13.6

Jump to solution

Thanks Christos.  I think Support have it written in their rules to remove anything that could possible compete with McAfee, and from our experience, neither one of those does, so all should be OK now.

5 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: can i use malwarebytes and superantispyware free editions with mcafee security centre version 13.6

Jump to solution

There is a faint possibility that MBAM Pro could clash so to be safe they would remove it but the free version is OK.  I guess they didn't want anything interfering with their tools.   Put it back if you want to, I find no issues with it.  As far as SAS goes the free version should be OK but any paid version might clash.

See "Free Third Party Tools" in the last link below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

Jump to solution

thanks for the help it clarifies matters

Highlighted
k3tg
Level 14
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I run both programs on my computer and have not had any issues with anything clashing. I also have version 13.6 and my computer runs Win 7

ExBrit mentioned the free versions are compatible with running these programs so you may want to clarify if you were running the paid versions or not.

By all means if you have any concerns please let us know.

Tom K3TG

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Jump to solution

thanks for the help its the free versions I use

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks Christos.  I think Support have it written in their rules to remove anything that could possible compete with McAfee, and from our experience, neither one of those does, so all should be OK now.