cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bredolab trojan

I ran a full scan and McAfee detected and quarantined 7 of the captioned trojan items. Should I just leave them in quarantined status?

It also detected the Artemis Item. If I understand the post regarding this it is a legitimate item and should be restored according to the posted instructions.
1 Reply
Grif
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

RE: bredolab trojan

Tried downloading, installing, updating, then running full system scans with both of the free antispyware tools from the links below.. They should help in removing any remaining trojan remnants. As to Artemis...It may or may not be a legitimate file.. Since you've not told us anything about your computer such as operating system, make\model, ..or the file that was detected, it's hard to guess. Please try running the programs below and see what turns up.

Malwarebytes Antimalware

SUPERAntispyware Removal Tool

Hope this helps.

Grif

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community