cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bing redirect on Windows 10

Jump to solution

Hi I have a Windows 10 laptop that keeps redirecting to bing from chrome. Not all the time but usually I will search for something and when I click on a result or even in the search bar I will get redirected to Bing. This generally happens only the first click. all subsequent clicks work as they should. 
I searched here but only found one post on this from a few years ago and on a Mac.
Not sure how to proceed, as what info I found said to do a virus check, but Mcafee never noticed it coming in and all subsequent virus searches have shown nothing.
Thanks for any help -Harry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: bing redirect on Windows 10

Jump to solution

In case it is an issue with  malware Try some of the scanners at

Antispyware tools

there are several browser hijackers that do what you see maybe if not detected with some of the above free tools and removed read the below info but do not download the tool suggested I do not know it . better to follow the manual path

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/9633-bing-com-redirect

6 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

In case it is an issue with  malware Try some of the scanners at

Antispyware tools

there are several browser hijackers that do what you see maybe if not detected with some of the above free tools and removed read the below info but do not download the tool suggested I do not know it . better to follow the manual path

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/9633-bing-com-redirect

Jump to solution

Hi and thanks for the reply! I followed the instructions for the manual removal and now my browser works as expected. Weird thing is I didn't find any of the files it suggested on my computer. I did find browser extensions in google chrome that I didn't want so removed those and the browser is now working as it should. 
Thanks again!

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Good to hear. Hope all stable now.

Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Hello,

To me it sounds as a generic issue with the search engines or redirects:

Set your default search engine

Please let us know in few steps and screenshots what exactly happens so we can troubleshoot it further.

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino

Jump to solution

Hi thanks for the response, that wasn't the issue as my default was set to yahoo by Mcafee. The issue was that it would redirect to bing and some sponsored add wherever I clicked on the search results. Even if I clicked in the search bar.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks, i did it and it solved my issue. it was related to default engine only.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community