cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
midomido
Level 7

artemis!8EA57E8B69F2 Help?

Im really new here so I hope I can get some help somehow.  I've been reading through these posts here and decided to make one.

My computer has been having problems lately and so i've been scanning it. It's found artemis!8EA57E8B69F2(trojan) and Quarantined it.  Every time i scan it keeps showing this Artemis! thing.
Also my computer just got  the "OpenCloud Secturity". I think they say its a malware? I've been trying to get rid of it, but McAfee can't detect and get rid of it. I just did yet ANOTHER scan and its quarantined something else!  "Generic Downloader.x!gcq". Are these still dangerous if they are quarantined? They keep popping up every scan, How do I get rid of them?  And is there any way to get rid of "openCloud Security" With McAfee or do you have a safe option that can? I Downloaded Malwarebytes and scanned with that, it got it off for a time i think. then when i took it off my computer, it appeared again. McAfee's firewall is down and can't be put up.
I would really appreciate any help and im sorry if I didnt post correctly.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
lakshmanans
Level 12

Re: artemis!8EA57E8B69F2 Help?

Hi,

Kindly make sure the action for detection is Clean/Delete if its quarantine kindly change the actions to clean and delete,

Note :kidly turnoff the system restore and perfom the full scan

screen shot.JPG

Best Regards

Lakshmanan

0 Kudos
midomido
Level 7

hmn.... I don't know what this is, or what that screen shot is of, but it is nothing that I have.

0 Kudos
lakshmanans
Level 12

Hi,

Could u clearly explain me currentls which product ur using .....?

Best Regards

Lakshmanan

0 Kudos
midomido
Level 7

I'm using McAfee Internet Security.  Thank you for looking at my post.

0 Kudos
nchattop
Level 12

Hi

I am looking into your case, may I know you are on which OS?

Thanks

Neha C

0 Kudos
midomido
Level 7

OS? operating system? Like as in the computer I use? If so then I'm using A Toshiba.....

I'm really sorry. I know nothing about computers, haha. At the moment.....nothing seems to be freaking out at me. My McAfee Firewall is back on, and not turning off like it did before.... I havent touched my computer in 2 days because i was moving, so maybe just leaving it alone did some good? Im not too worried at the moment. It seems okay for now : )  I'll post again if it really acts up again though. Thank you for looking at this.

0 Kudos
midomido
Level 7

and as an update.....I redownloaded Malwarebytes and got rid of OpenCloud Security again. Couldn't stand it.
My McAfee firewall is still down, is it because of this Artemis! thing?  How do i rid it from my quarantine?
I've read other posts that they want you to send it in a zipped folder to them, but i dont know where to even look.

0 Kudos
dmeier
Level 13

Unless you have other suspicious files that are not detected, then we don't need the Artemis file, we already have it.  My concern is with what is putting that file there.  It would be complex to seek it out, especially if you think the system is clean at this point.  Is there any strange behavior going on at all?

0 Kudos
midomido
Level 7

well. right now my firewall wont turn on again. but its not saying that my computer is at risk anymore.

0 Kudos