cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kapil.75
Level 7

antivirus problems

I'm having a problem that I'm unable to remove certain viruses from my system those are generic.pup,adware.fox,pnp.pup,browse.fox,browse.pup I found the location using mc afee but was unable to shred th following folder the virus is stopping me to shred it

0 Kudos
4 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: antivirus problems

I recommend to first run the McAfee Getsusp Tool to add these detections to the McAfee GTI. Please remember to add your Email address under "Preferences" before scanning..This (Free) Superb Program and others can be found in the following link:

Note: When installing Malewarebytes(Free) Do Not accept the Free Trial/or activate

Here is a removal Guide for Gen.Pup, it should remove the other (Pups) as well ;Remove Win32.PUP-gen [PUP] virus (Removal Guide)

Here is a Removal Guide for Browsefox: BrowseFox Ads and BrowseFox Deals Removal Guide

Restarts may be required to completely remove all remnants. I also recommend running a (Full) McAfee Scan following all others.

I assume this is the (Consumer Version) of McAfee Protection?

In addition, should you feel that you have issues regarding your McAfee Protection, You can run the MVT Tool and see if it detects any: http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html

You may find these two articles most informative: 

Wishing you all the best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I am curious as to why the OP thread was marked "Assumed Answered"?  I went ahead and offered suggestions ,as it had todays date.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
k3tg
Level 14

I was also thinking the same. I was waiting to see if he would come back and say anything further before I answered since maybe he did not realize he marked the thread as assumed answered.

Tom K3TG

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Oh well, we,ll see if they respond back I guess. Like the Avatar!!!!

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos