yeah I was taking a break from studying and my friend sent me a link regarding funny people at walmart. i clicked on it and didn't get a virus or malware from that but then clicked on another link to dangerous killer women and now i'm stuck with anti vira av. it won't allow me to use internet explorer which is fine but also keeps peddling it's sorry product.
It sounds like Avira Anti Virus, but I'm sure it's not.
Please answer these questions;
I am using windows vista. I'm not that computer savvy. I do not know how to disable system restore nor go into safe mode unless i turn off my computer by holding the power button and going into safe mode that way. Thank you Conor.
OK that's fine
To enter safe mode is by restarting and pressing F8 continously from start up. (You will need to enter Safe mode WITH Networking.)
To disable System Restore, please do this:
1. Click the Start Button.
2. From the Start menu click Control panel.
3. In Control Panel click the System Icon.
4. On the Left of the System properties window you will see a list of Tasks, click on the System protection link.
5. In the System Protection window remove the 'Tick' mark from beside the drive you want to disable system restore on.
6. A message will now appear asking: 'Are you sure you want to turn System restore off'.
7. Press the Turn System restore Off button.
8. System Restore will now be turned off permanently on that particular drive.
9. To re-enable system restore (once this is sorted out) just click your mouse in the box next to the drive you require system restore to monitor ( a tick will appear in the box), the click the Apply button and system restore will resume monitoring the drive.
Please reply when you've done both of these.