cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anti vira av

has anyone dealt with this malware before?

86 Replies
ConorD62
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 87

Re: anti vira av

Hi Wspencer,

No I haven't,

But do you have it on your computer?

Thanks.

yeah I was taking a break from studying and my friend sent me a link regarding funny people at walmart.  i clicked on it and didn't get a virus or malware from that but then clicked on another link to dangerous killer women and now i'm stuck with anti vira av.  it won't allow me to use internet explorer which is fine but also keeps peddling it's sorry product.

it basically peddles an anti virus protection plan.  exactly like mcafee or norton

ConorD62
Level 12
Message 5 of 87

Hi,

It sounds like Avira Anti Virus, but I'm sure it's not.

Please answer these questions;

• What Operating System are you using?
  • Do you know how to disable System Restore?
  • Do you know how to get into Safe Mode?

Thanks.

I am using windows vista.  I'm not that computer savvy.  I do not know how to disable system restore nor go into safe mode unless i turn off my computer by holding the power button and going into safe mode that way.  Thank you Conor.

ConorD62
Level 12
Message 7 of 87

Hi,

OK that's fine

To enter safe mode is by restarting and pressing F8 continously from start up. (You will need to enter Safe mode WITH Networking.)

To disable System Restore, please do this:

Vista:

1. Click the Start Button.

2. From the Start menu click Control panel.

3. In Control Panel click the System Icon.

4. On the Left of the System properties window you will see a list of Tasks, click on the System protection link.

5. In the System Protection window remove the 'Tick' mark from beside the drive you want to disable system restore on.

6. A message will now appear asking: 'Are you sure you want to turn System restore off'.

7. Press the Turn System restore Off button.

8. System Restore will now be turned off permanently on that particular drive.

9. To re-enable system restore  (once this is sorted out) just click your mouse in the box next to the drive you require system restore to monitor ( a tick will appear in the box), the click the Apply button and system restore will resume monitoring the drive.

Please reply when you've done both of these.

Thanks.

Highlighted
vinod_r2
Level 11
Message 8 of 87

OK I would suggest that you download and Run a copy of the Getsusp tool located on this forums. And Once done Upload the Getsusp logs for me to check.

how do i upload the logs?  it says i have an unknown and a trojan.  bqxiwcwsika.exe is the name of the trojan.

this is where it is located on my computer.

C:\Users\Billy\AppData\Local\Temp\uoarkqvfr

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community