cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

adware removal

Jump to solution

How do I remove BROWSEFOX-FFB & FAST AND SAFE adware from my computer?

I have tried removing from control panel and uninstall but it wont let me, I have tried restarting the computer but it is still there

I use McAfee total protection, the scan revealed I had PUP BROWSEFOX but I cant quarantine it or remove it

I came on McAfee site and found McAfee TechCheck but the site just looks not like it McAfee and the scan only took about 30 second and it should I had 6 issues that needed to be fixed which seemed suspicious so I abandoned it, I cant locate to remove it either, I don't know if it is on my computer or not, it not in the programs list and not on download file either

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: adware removal

Jump to solution

I recommend running Malewarebytes (Free) followed up with Malewarebytes AdwCleaner.

Both are Complimentary On Demand Scans, that are compatible to your McAfee Software. You can obtain them from this link;

If running Malwarebytes(Free)/AdwCleaner does not suffice. Run the Zemana Anti-Malware Tool ZEMANA ANTIMALWARE DOWNLOAD

LINK

How to run a scan with Zemana AntiMalware Free (Complete Guide)

Please inform us of your results..

All the Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
5 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

I recommend running Malewarebytes (Free) followed up with Malewarebytes AdwCleaner.

Both are Complimentary On Demand Scans, that are compatible to your McAfee Software. You can obtain them from this link;

If running Malwarebytes(Free)/AdwCleaner does not suffice. Run the Zemana Anti-Malware Tool ZEMANA ANTIMALWARE DOWNLOAD

LINK

How to run a scan with Zemana AntiMalware Free (Complete Guide)

Please inform us of your results..

All the Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Moderator selvan
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Avinash,

The adware/PUP can be cleaned manually in Safe Mode. Please start windows in Safe Mode and attempt to clean the file by navigating to the physical location of the file. The location will be shown here McAfee GUI > Navigation > Under Features section click Quarantined and Trusted Items > Expand Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs

Choose the BROWSEFOX-FFB adware and click Delete button

Jump to solution

Hi Chinthanai

Thank you for the suggestion, i tried Cliffs suggestion initially and was able to resolve the issue, so ive not tried your suggestion but appriciate the guidance, thanks

Jump to solution

Thanks Cliff

I followed your sugeestions and it removed Browsefox, McAfee reports showing all clear in reports too.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

You are quite Welcome   I am simply happy that all is okay now.

All the very Best,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.