cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jefflyon524
Level 7

Zipcloud on line backup - Artemis!E2AF92D76B9F

Jump to solution

I recently purchased zipcloud on line backup but McA declares it a trojan and won't let it install. Zipcloud is throwing the ball back to McA saying they've acknowledged it as a McA bug. The offered solution is to disable McA, download, install and do the backup (while the system is open) and then enable McA. This isn't a good solution for an automated backup.  Any suggestion other than replacing one or the other? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dmeier
Level 13

Re: Zipcloud on line backup - Artemis!E2AF92D76B9F

Jump to solution

I confirmed that we were able to whitelist this file yesterday.  It would no longer be detected.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Zipcloud on line backup

Jump to solution

Moved this to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance.

The writers of the software should be applying for clearance officially through here:  Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

You can also help using this: 

However, I can't find a VirusTotal result that shows anyone detecting the software.  Maybe it's detecting something else that is included with the software?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

BTW can you give me the name of the detection please?

0 Kudos
jefflyon524
Level 7

Jump to solution

It was Artemis!E2AF92D76B9F (Trojan)

0 Kudos
jefflyon524
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've asked the Zipclould folks if they've applied for clearance (they imply they have) and given them your link.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

OK, added the Artemis designation to the header.  Thanks for the update.  Hopefully it will be cleared soon.

I moved this thread to the Artemis section too for clarity.

0 Kudos
jefflyon524
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any resolution here?  Zipcloud is pointing the blame back at McAfee and telling me to get new protection software to resolve the issue?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Could you please kindly furnish us with the Analysis ID # associated with your submission. Once we have this, we can contact a Technician/Engineer from McAfee Labs to expedite your case. I agree that you have indeed allowed the appropriate time to be Analyzed/Processed.

Thank you for your patience, and once we receive this we can even go one step further if the need be, and come to a resolution to your issue.

Again, Thank you for your patience,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
jefflyon524
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't see an analysis ID in any of the emails. If this ID links to the vendor's request of his file, I don't have it.

Originally my issue was Service Request #: 1694796960

Thanks.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Don't worry, the Artemis detection number should link it.

0 Kudos