cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joehockey
Level 7

X-Trap Trojan?

Jump to solution

I am trying to play a game called Aika. The game uses a background program called X-Trap to improve account security. I was able to play the game once until a patch was released the next day. Since then, whenever I attempt to launch the game, McAfee says that it has detected a Trojan and quarantines it. The Trojan that McAfee detects is Artemis!  7E1E5EB713AB and the item is XTRAP. Is there anyway to add X-Trap to an exception list of some kind? X-Trap is not a Trojan but McAfee believes it is. I am using McAfee Total Protection as my client. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SamSwift
Level 12

Re: X-Trap Trojan?

Jump to solution

Hi Joe,

This should now be resolved - please could you check and confirm on your side?

Cheers,

Sam

0 Kudos
5 Replies
joehockey
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Sam! After I restore the Trojan, I restart the game and McAfee automatically detects the Trojan and deletes it. I am unable to trust the Trojan at any time. I wish I could just manually type the Trojan into an Exception list or something. Thank for the help!

P.S. Norton Security Suite does not detect this Trojan to be in existance. I have no problem running X-Trap on my Norton Security laptop. However, the McAfee protected desktop has the problem.

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Jump to solution

I've nudged research again for you. I will let you know as soon as I have a response.

Apologies for the delay.

Sam

0 Kudos
SamSwift
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi Joe,

This should now be resolved - please could you check and confirm on your side?

Cheers,

Sam

0 Kudos
joehockey
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Sam! I will try it out after my brother is done on the computer. Probably won't be able to test it until 9 PM EST.

0 Kudos
joehockey
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you very much Sam for your help! It works! Everything is back to normal.

0 Kudos