Did you mean: 
DH1973
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Wierd Links...

Jump to solution

Hi-

I've been seeing this strange link on my Myspace account as well as Facebook. It seems like it takes the place of whatever link my "friends" are directing me to go to. For example, on Facebook a friend wanted everyone to go to watch his new videos he had posted on Youtube. Instead of a link to Youtube, this link was in place of it. The same sort of thing has been happening on my Myspace account as well. I have not clicked on it.

I ran a virus scan recently to see if that would help but its still showing up.

Can anyone tell me what it is, why its there and what I need to do to get rid of it?

It always shows up as just the first few characters of this and always starts with " http://" but on myspace it ends with the myspace.com. This is the full link that I just took from facebook.

deleted

Thank you-

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/6/09 4:48 AM
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wierd Links...

Jump to solution

If you are getting a post from other people, they are the ones infected and sending you links in hopes you trust them and get infected yourself. The virus name is "Koobface"; a MySpace and Facebook worm. It usually will download and install other malware as a part of the infection. You should let your friends know that they are infected and should take steps to fix the problem.

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

It's actually on your Facebook account?  Have you tried their Support?

As a safeguard run the free versions of these two tools and let them clean everything they find.  Reboot if asked to.  Update them before running.

http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Jump to solution

If you are getting a post from other people, they are the ones infected and sending you links in hopes you trust them and get infected yourself. The virus name is "Koobface"; a MySpace and Facebook worm. It usually will download and install other malware as a part of the infection. You should let your friends know that they are infected and should take steps to fix the problem.

DH1973
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Okay. I will notify my friends about it. Thank you. I'm glad its not my computer

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community