It was a very sad day when 3 computers on our home network last week was found to have been infected with a backdoor keystroke virus or Adware called ( tssetup.exe) (Dloader.Trojan) even though McAfee was completely up to date and 100% stock settings. This is the third time within one years time McAfee has completely FAILED to find, stop or even notify us of the existence of ANY TROJAN VIRUS OR AWARE on our 3 computers and network!
This time our loss was extensive and severe. The only way we found out we had been infected was, charges were being made on our credit cards, merchant accounts, and bank checking accounts and we were being sent invoices from all those vendors of purchases we did not make!
I can't begin to tell you how violated and serious this KEYSTROKE Trojan was for us...... Three four weeks later we are still cleaning up the mess and damage this infection caused us. Not to mention the mass amount of time erasing all 3 computers harddrives and re-installing everything from scratch because our daily back-ups could not be trusted as we had no idea how long we had been infected. It could have been a year or longer! Not to mention the amount of money we lost in false purchases and your software.
If that was not enough try contacting 63 vendors, 28 on-line accounts and vendors, 3 merchant accounts, 5 bank accounts and 15 credit cards to have them close the existing accounts and re-open new ones, change passwords just took weeks to get done!
Thanks allot McAfee for your really PRETTY software that doesn't work! You cost us allot of time and money!
We're going back to NORTON Antivirus because after 4 years of using them we NEVER had a Trojan or ADWARE Virus infection!
No antivirus is going to stop everything and this instance may have been a variation from previous versions of the malware despite the same name. If that happens McAfee (& Norton etc.) hope that you would submit it for analysis so that it can be included in the database.