cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bendjh
Level 7

Why can't McAfee identify and remove Malware

Jump to solution

I have  a new PC running Win 10, I've McAfee Live safe and somehow managed to pick up  malware called searching.com Why can't it remove it. Can anyone please give me some help. Every time I uninstall some thing it just comes back on again.

Message was edited by: Moderator to remove link

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bendjh
Level 7

Re: Why can't McAfee identify and remove Malware

Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back to me. I really appreciate your feedback and comments. I resorted to doing a full system restore on advice from a friend who also works in the industry seeing as it was less than 3 weeks old.and had stuff backed up on an external hard drive.It took over everything and just slowed down everything to a halt, every time I uninstalled something, something else popped up.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Why can't MaAfee identify and remove Malware

Jump to solution

Moved to Home User Assistance > Discussions

I Recommend running the McAfee Getsusp Tool to add this (Pup) to the Threat Intelligence Base. Please enter your email address under 'Preferences' in the Interface,before scanning.

Next Run the Application Malwarebytes (Free) Do not enable or active the (Paid/Pro Version) to keep it free.

Follow up with running AdwCleaner. 

Please let us know your results.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I removed that link in case anyone clicked it.   It's a browser hijacker and often those get past antivirus software due to some action done to activate them.

They're not really malware in the common sense, more of a nuisance that could lead to malicious behaviour by the originator.  It's a case of computer-user beware.

There's an excellent removal guide here:  Remove www-searching.com virus (Easy Removal Guide)

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Thanks Mate for removing the Link, I was in the process of doing so also. I should have initially

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Reading these (2) articles should give you a better idea of how this (PUP) arrived on your system.

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

how did it go?  Are you OK now?

0 Kudos
bendjh
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back to me. I really appreciate your feedback and comments. I resorted to doing a full system restore on advice from a friend who also works in the industry seeing as it was less than 3 weeks old.and had stuff backed up on an external hard drive.It took over everything and just slowed down everything to a halt, every time I uninstalled something, something else popped up.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Glad you are OK now ;-)

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Glad that all is Ok