cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
youngs
Level 9

Where to find more information on Artemis detections? Artemis!6B9A7292F17B

Jump to solution

I am just looking for away to see when a certain Artemis detection started detecting a file that we have received via email.   (Artemis!6B9A7292F17B is the detection and I would like to know more information on this one)

Thanks

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nkelly
Level 11

Re: Where to find more information on Artemis detections? Artemis!6B9A7292F17B

Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

As you mention, this is a legitimate detection. The file is a Trojan and is a downloader for other malicious files that may include 'cryptolocker' type malware. The file will now be detected as "Generic.uh" with the current DATs.

The product that detected the file should have a log or quarantine database that has the details of when the file was detected and quarantined.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos
8 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: Where to find more information on Artemis detections?

Jump to solution

If you feel that this is a Legitmate Detection. Please follow the Guidelines/Instructions from the following Link:

Consumer

Corporate

Detection Dispute Submission | McAfee Labs

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
youngs
Level 9

Re: Where to find more information on Artemis detections?

Jump to solution

I do believe this to be a suspicious file just trying to determine when the detection started and if there is any more details on it.

Thanks for that link as this could come in handy one day when we up our levels

Scott

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

I've added that Artemis detection number to the header so it will hopefully catch the eye of that department when they post here.

I would submit the file if you feel it is a genuine file as suggested.  Artemis is a designation that McAfee software gives anything that is unknown to the database that could possibly be a threat.

0 Kudos
nkelly
Level 11

Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

As you mention, this is a legitimate detection. The file is a Trojan and is a downloader for other malicious files that may include 'cryptolocker' type malware. The file will now be detected as "Generic.uh" with the current DATs.

The product that detected the file should have a log or quarantine database that has the details of when the file was detected and quarantined.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Again thank you for your prompt attention to this matter

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
youngs
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response nkelly, Our security response team suspected this to be maybe related to Crypto characteristics so we have already put in place to remove the email with the attachment in question as well MEG to block any new ones.

Thanks

Scott

nkelly
Level 11

Re: Where to find more information on Artemis detections?  Artemis!6B9A7292F17B

Jump to solution

You're welcome Scott!

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

As you can see by McAfee Labs Engineer (nkelly) It has been Confirmed to be a Legitimate malicious file. By his determination that it consists of (Cryptolocker Characteristics) and will be identified as "Generic.uh" I recommend you at least run the Latest (Stinger), to make certain your system has not been compromised.

(Read How to use)  You can obtain this Superb Tool here:

(Note): Please make certain you choose the correct Download, as there are both Consumer/ePO .

All the best

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer