cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is JTI/Suspect!131076?

Hello,

I'm new to mcafee forums

To be honest, I don't really get all of this tech and computer coding stuff... the real problem is about an animation software I use...

I downloaded a cracked version of TVPaint Animation 10 pro v.10.0.16 uploaded by Friends In War Software ( Friends in War Software - News )

I had been using this software for about an year and has not caused any harm, even in the background as I had checked in the task manager and since I have installed mcafee, it keeps sending it to the quarantine and keeps saying that the threat detected is JTI/Suspect!131076.

I cant seem to find what really JTI/Suspect!131076 is since there is no result for JTI/Suspect!131076...

I am very sure that JTI/Suspect!131076 is a false positive! Please help me.

I am sure that mcafee has yet to develop a "trusted file" option and even if I disable firewall and real time scanner and try to install it, it automatically enables itself and boom! back to the quarantine.

Please confirm to me that this is a false positive because I really REALLY need that software.

I appreciate your help, thankyou in advance...

-save me-

23 Replies
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 24

Re: What is JTI/Suspect!131076?

Did this detection by chance have a 12 Digit Artemis! associated with it?

Moved from Support Forums to Home User Assistance > Discussions

for now.

Thank you,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

no, sorry I did not see any kind of text that had a 12 Digit Artemis!

thankyou anyway

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 24

After doing some research on this particular detection,it is considered by many to be a 'Trojan'. Evidently for you to have formerly ran this application in the past with no issues. It has something to do with the (Installer Package) that quite possibly contains code that is bundled with-in, and McAfee detects it.

As for being capable of (Excluding Files) your McAfee Software does indeed include this feature. Having said this...It will still quarantine\block items that does not meet the criteria, which is for your personal safety\and your system.

If you feel that it is a legitimate program, please follow these Guidelines\Instructions to help resolve your issue;

Another alternative method to submit this detection is by running the McAfee Getsusp Tool, and (Uploading) the file sending it to be analyzed\processed. This tool can be obtained from here

Wishing you all the very Best,

Cliff\CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

ohhh yeeesss that's extactly whats happening!!!

I did submit the file already,

opening the link to alternative method itself gives me the willies,

i'll wait xD

btw thanks!

You are amazing

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 24

Thank you for the kind words   May I ask if you received a (Analysis ID #)  after your submission? If so after following protocol of allowing the Labs 3-4 buisness days to analyze. I\we can contact someone internally at McAfee Labs, and escalate your issue on your behalf.

Also, please know that the link\download to 'GetSusp' is entirely safe to use.

Your McAfee Web Advisor feature automatically scans downloads for your safety as well

Again, all the Best,

Cliff\CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Oh no, I haven't received an (Analysis ID #) after my submission, It has been a week.

it would really be kind of you to internally contact someone if it is possible? I would REALLY help.

and thanks for the confirmation about GetSusp

Thankyou again daddy (that was wrong xD)

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 24

In order to contact a Technician, I need to have information regarding the File\Program. Did you zip and password protect your submission using the word  infected   ? Or you can run the Getsusp Application and upload the file to submit to the Labs.

One other way is to run it through Virus Total and send me the Hash Values (In a Direct Message) not posting it please. As soon as I can get either one, I can escalate your case on your behalf.

Thanks ,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

I ought to send the sample to you... lol I didn't see this message

Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 24

Did you zip it and password protect it, using the password  infection   ? As laid out in that (FAQ) . Or simply run the (Getsusp Tool) and upload it to send to the McAfee GTI Base. Please know that it is (Safe) to use.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community