cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning! Spyware threat has been detected on your pc.

This ""warning"" has shown up as my wallpaper. I get constant ads for AntispyStorm, along with McAfee VirusScan ""trojan found and cleaned"" alarms for the file ""C:\windows\winh32.exe"", which is infected by ""Generic AdClicker.h"" trojan. This won't go away. I don't understand how my Internet Security Suite 2006 can't get rid of this or how it could have gotten in in the first place. If this isn't resolved quickly I will have to switch to someone elses product...
7 Replies

RE: Warning! Spyware threat has been detected on your pc.

Also, McAfee Virus Scan will come up every once in a while with the same message:

The file "C:\windows\winh32.exe" was infected by the "Generic AdClicker.h" trojan and has been deleted to complete the Clean process.

Unfortunately, it seems to come back every once in a while...

steddomm

Send the file to the lab,if known.
http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx
Or
https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp

What operating system/service pack do you have,click start>right click my computer>click on properties>general tab.

What Mcafee products/versions are installed,right click M icon>scroll to each product>click on about>Dat/Engine/Build>or double -click M icon if new version>click on view details

Save SmitFraudFix (by S!Ri) to your desktop.

Install this programme >>Here<< update its definitions then boot into safe mode.

How to boot into safe mode.
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=601

In safe mode double click on SmitFraud and select option 2,after running Smitfraud run AVG(complete system scan),when AVG has finished scanning remember to click on Apply All Actions if anything is found,then boot back into normal mode.

Moving this thread to virus removal
admin
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 8

Download spybot and process explorer from Microsoft. Run them. Suspent winlogon using process , run spybot.

Antony jason

Why are you asking them to run those tools when SFF and AVG should take care of the problem.
You advise is bare at best.
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 8

He's posting in all my threads too.

He his not taking into account what or where the infections are located or what those infections do,there are more infections out there than Vundo.

As this user has not replied since September,this thread is closed.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community