cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muncehead
Level 7

Vista anti-virus 2011

My daughters laptop has a recurrent (twice in a week so far) infection of this annoying malware - any top tips on a/ how to remove it and b/ why McAfee total protection will not get rid of it?

Apologies if there is a thread on this already.

Just to run through what I have done already:

Re-started in safemode with networking - run the following scans: Full McAfee Total Protection scan; SpyBotSD scan; iObit advanced system care scan; iObit S360 full scan. Restarted - still there.

Message was edited by: muncehead on 03/04/11 07:51:52 CDT
0 Kudos
2 Replies
davidmack23
Level 7

Re: Vista anti-virus 2011

So McAfee did not remove it at all? I just paid $89.95 for nothing?

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Vista anti-virus 2011

Not true. These fake anti-malware work in such a way that none of the antivirus applications can catch them easily.

There is no such thing as a 100% malware-proof machine, so arm your self with some  extra antimalware applications such as Malwarebytes or SuperAntispyware, but only use the free versions as the poaid ones often clash with antivirus applications.

A removal guide here will help as this fakeware belongs to the same category:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-internet-security-2011

McAfee also has an application called GetSusp which has had much success against these fake antimalware pests.  Join THIS group if you want to find out about it.

0 Kudos